Remote Vans: Production Manager, Cincinnati, Ohio
As the Production Manager, you will ensure our van assembly line is operating at peak efficiency by leading the production team, coordinating all equipment, tools and materials.
Your duties include building production schedules, managing the production team taskings, making sure production processes stay within budgets and that the team meets delivery deadlines. You are committed to the strengthening of relationships with our dealerships and customers, by producing only the highest quality vans. The Production Manager is responsible, alongside the COO, for the on-time production of 100% first-quality products.
- Team Management
- Managing and leading the production team, working closely alongside the COO.
- Responsible for maintenance of a well-trained, motivated, disciplined workforce including job assignments, final approval of applicants, recommending individuals for promotion, and overall maximum utilization of personnel.
- Ensuring adequate scheduling of staff.
- Assisting with performance reviews for the assembly team.
- Develop the floorplan for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and implement production processes as required.
- Develop production timelines to meet company goals.
- Ensure quality control is strictly adhered to throughout the build process.
- Coordinate with key team members: Financial Controller, Inventory Control Manager, Quality Control Manager, COO and CEO.
- Evaluate tooling resources to ensure continued production and minimal downtime.
- Work with the Management Team to ensure balance between increased productivity and reduced costs of manufacturing operations.
- Ensure all safety and health standards are met to keep an organization accident-free.
- Perform periodic safety inspections.
- Shop Management & Efficiencies
- Developing workflow policies and procedures that improve efficiency without compromising safety or quality.
- Responsible for overseeing all equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for maintenance of records and reports.
- Hiring & Training
- Assisting with the new hires for the assembly and production teams.
- Training, guidance and onboarding of new employees on the assembly team.
- Provide periodic training for employees in tool and machine use.
- Ensure that resources necessary for all production associates to perform the job are available, this means:
- Adequate and sufficiently trained people
- Adequate and sufficient raw materials and supplies
- Contribute to the overall success of the Design, Production and Assembly Teams by motivating all team members through collaboration, cooperation, and camaraderie,
- Quarterly reporting on assembly team performance, production schedules and equipment efficiencies.
- Remote Vans HQ, 800 E Ross Way, St Bernard, Cincinnati, Ohio 45217
- 8am – 430pm M – F
- Minimum 3 years experience as Manufacturing Production Manager, preferably at a Van Manufacturer or Auto Company.
- Proven experience in operational team leadership
- Proven experience managing a team to meet deadlines
- Recent experience with forecasting and production planning systems
- Recent experience working with contract manufacturers
- Knowledgeable with respect to quality standards, specifications, and food safety standards for manufactured goods
- Ability to work independently
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Automotive industry: 3 year (Preferred)
- NetSuite: 3 year (Preferred)
- Production Planning: 3 years (Required)
- Prior experience working in or around manufacturing with a high level understanding of common manufacturing methods
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, high-stress position that requires high levels of attention to detail
- Experience partnering with vendors/suppliers
- Familiarity with MS Office and G Suite
What do we offer:
- Professional & fun work environment
- A competitive pay plan and industry leading benefits
- Strong leadership support
- Team oriented, positive environment
- Medical benefits 100% paid for by company for employee (dependents can be added at employee expense)
- Paid Holidays & PTO
Remote Vans is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How To Apply:
Email your CV and details of your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. We’ll be in touch should we wish to take things further. Please ensure the contact details you submit are correct.