Remote Vans: Cabinet Maker, Cincinnati, Ohio
Why join the Remote Vans Team:
We are a small, yet highly focused team working together to build the best van company in America. Each day is about creating a work environment centered on self-motivation, positivity and productivity. Everyone in our team has a seat at the table to share ideas, philosophies and techniques that will ultimately build a better van build and company culture.
Above all, everyone is expected to lead by example through a positive approach to problem solving, dedication to timelines and deadlines, and fostering collaboration and teamwork!
As a Cabinet Maker you will assist in building our Remote Vans as part of the Production Team. You will take full ownership of ensuring to build quality products while being a proactive team player dedicated to building the best vans possible.
Outside of work – Your passions will converge as enthusiastic supporter of the #vanlife lifestyle, remote work adventures, and you’ll naturally represent Remote Vans as an enthusiastic ambassador and reputation guardian within the van life community.
General Responsibilities including such things as:
- Assembly and production of our vans with tasks specific to cabinet-making and woodworking including installation of various items such as small kitchen unites, wall cabinets, shower boxes, plumbing fixtures, appliances or electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies, using power tools and other required equipment.
- Accurately measure, mark, and cut lumber, panel products, including decorative laminates and solid surface materials,
- Ensure implementation of safe and proper procedures of woodworking in accordance with local, state, and OSHA requirements,
- Monitor the quality of components and clearly communicate to the Production Manager and Quality Control Lead on any issues,
- Maintain inventory by checking stock, anticipating, and requesting supplies,
- Support and adhere to all system and company procedures,
- Contribute to the overall success of the Production Team by co-elevating with all team members through collaboration, cooperation, and camaraderie,
- All other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who is:
- an experienced Cabinet Assembler / Maker / Carpenter
- a team player
- self-motivated and has a positive approach to life
- trustworthy and collaborative
- has a strong work ethic
- Operating hours are generally 8am – 430pm, M-F
- Remote Vans HQ, 800 E Ross Way, St Bernard, 45217
Aptitude for learning new things quickly, high level of attention to detail, good problem solver, strong communication skills, active listener, juggler of many tasks simultaneously well, patient, emotionally intelligent, and a team player.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous automotive assembly experience a plus
- 1 year of Cabinet Making knowledge is required
- Carpentry including experience using the following tools and machinery: table saw, staple gun, edge bander, belt sander, and other small tools
- Construction experience a plus
- Manufacturing experience a plus